Thursday 5 June 2014

Preparing workshops for next term - Leith Academy and in the studio


Do you want to learn how to make a hat? Make your own design? work to create something unique? 

This is your opportunity... join to the workshops with a professional milliner.

My name is Nuria and I work under the name/brand Dido Diderot Millinery.  
I love the creativity of making fantastic things with textiles since I was a child. My mum was a seamstress and dressmaker and I used to help her with the business until I left home; she is my real mentor. 
I started my career first sewing and making garments while I was in uni. When I came to Edinburgh 14 years ago, I wanted to move on and find something more creative and artistic and I found a Milliner that taught me all I know and I have been making hats ever since.
2 years ago I moved to a studio on my own; design and create on my style; for me making hats is such a joy that and I would love to share my knowledge to everybody. 

My work is traditional, love vintage, glamour and the elegance of the 40s and 50s. The materials are classics:, wool felt, straw, sinamay, flowers, etc...  but with a twist of modernity. I love recycle; old hats, ribbons, we can use everyday material to make something spectacular and there is no need to make fabulous headresses with expensive stuff. 
I will show you how easy is to make them with very little effort.

I hope you join to our nice workshops.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment